Tropical fruit smoothie
- ½ ripe banana, frozen, roughly chopped
- 1 mango cheek, frozen, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pineapple pieces canned in natural juice (including juice)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Pulp of 1 passionfruit
- Place frozen fruit, pineapple and milk into a blender jug; blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 serving glasses.
- Spoon pulp of half a passionfruit on top of each smoothie; serve immediately.
When plentiful, mango flesh and ripe peeled bananas can be frozen in ziplock bags for use in smoothies and fruit.
- Include fruits such as frozen blueberries or raspberries, strawberries and canned or fresh peeled peaches, apricots or pears.
- Replace ½ cup milk with 200mL tub natural, vanilla, mango or passionfruit flavoured yoghurt.
- Add a few drops of coconut essence for a ‘pina colada’ flavour.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 serving glasses
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2012 reproduced with permission.