- 25cm pizza base or Turkish bread
- ¼ cup tomato pasta sauce
- 100g ham, chopped
- 225g can pineapple pieces (in natural juice), drained
- 1 medium red or green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs (parsley, oregano and/or basil) or a pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Spread pizza base with pasta sauce.
- Top with ham, pineapple, capsicum, mushrooms and cheese. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and browned.
Tip: Make 8 mini pizzas using 4 halved English muffins as bases
- On top of the tomato sauce pile sliced onion, cooked red kidney beans, mushrooms, olives, cooked sliced potato and rosemary and top with cubes of reduced-salt feta cheese.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Ovenproof pizza tray
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.