Vegetable curry with quinoa
18 serves of veg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (400g) no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh green beans, chopped in half
- 1 can (440g) reduced-salt tomatoes in juice
- 1 small can (165g) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups tri-colour quinoa, cooked according to instructions on packet
- Heat oil in frypan and cook onions, garlic, and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer with the lid off for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with the steamed quinoa.
- Use a mixture of brown and white rice instead of quinoa.
Can be refrigerated for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- can opener
- Medium-large fry pan