- 500g pumpkin or sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches English spinach or young silver beet, washed and sliced
- 500g reduced-fat ricotta
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 12 sheets instant lasagne*, softened in hot water
- 425g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- Pinch pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Steam the pumpkin for 3 minutes, then cool.
- Plunge spinach into boiling water until wilted and drain well to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine drained spinach, ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (33cm x 23cm).
- Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture.
- Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make topping, break eggs into flour and mix well to remove lumps.
- Whisk in milk, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Add pepper, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Can be gluten free with simple swap such as gluten free lasagne.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Steamer Saucepan
- Large bowls
- Ovenproof baking dish with high sides
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia.www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.
|672g||Quantity per serving||Quantity per 100g|