Veggie Lentil Soup
- Saute onion and garlic in a large pot with a little water until onion is translucent.
- Add carrot, potato, parsnip and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in lentils, stock and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When lentils and vegetables are just cooked, add parsley.
- Tip: One teaspoon of dried herbs may be substituted for fresh herbs
- Use chicken stock recipe from collection for a reduced salt version.
Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Large pot
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.