Very veggie fritters
13 serves of veg
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 125g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place potato, carrot and zucchini in a colander, pressing to remove excess moisture.
- Add to a medium sized bowl, with corn, flour, parsley and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
- Place egg whites in a second bowl, beat until stiff peaks form, add to vegetable mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan, brushed with olive oil, over medium heat, add 1/3 cup of mixture and cook for 5 minutes, cooking a few at a time. Turn and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Repeat until all of mixture is cooked.
- Serve with green salad.
- Serve with poached egg and bed of spinach for breakfast.
The recipe will make 12 fritters. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Paper towel
- Medium-sized bowls
- Whisk or egg beater
- Large non-stick frypan
- Pastry brush
- Egg flip