Walnut lentil salad
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, rinsed and sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves, rinsed and shredded, or 100-120g of baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 150g reduced-salt feta cheese, crumbled
- 250g (1 punnet) rinsed cherry tomatoes, slice each tomato in half
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine lentils, garlic, onion, spinach and feta in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add tomatoes, walnuts and dressing and stir.
- Serve immediately.
- Use 250g cooked green beans instead of spinach.
- Replace canned lentils with 1 ½ cups cooked lentils.
Tip: Always rinse lentils and pick out stones before cooking. Cook according to packet directions. Be careful not to overcook, as they will go mushy.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chopping board
- Large knife
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
Queensland health acknowledges the development of the Healthy Food Fast cookbook by the Department of Health Western Australia. www.gofor2and5.com.au. Recipes from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2011, reproduced with permission.