Warm broccoli dip
6 serves of veg
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 spring onion, sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 60g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- freshly ground or cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into batons
- 3 celery stalks, sliced into batons
- Cook broccoli until very soft.
- Drain well in a colander then transfer to a food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and process. Stop processor to scrape the sides several times until dip is smooth.
- Serve warm, with vegetable sticks and/or crackers for dipping.
- Add red chilli and lemon juice to add a bit more flavour.
- Serve immediately.
- Saucepan or microwave proof lidded dish
- food processor or blender
- serving bowl
Recipe from LiveLighter® campaign © State of Western Australia 2013 reproduced with permission.