If you’re stuck for something to do with the kids, why not create a nature mask with them using flowers, leaves or grasses from outside. Plus, it’s a great activity that can involve the whole family.
Try to find a range of textures and colours. The only limit is everyone’s imagination. But remember to always supervise.
TIP: You can encourage your child to be on the lookout for potential decorations each time you head outside.
- Cut around the mask template, cut out the eyes and punch the holes.
- Head outside to collect your decorations.
- Use glue or tape to stick them on.
- Add a splash of colour with paint or pencils.
- Wait to dry.
- Fasten string or elastic to the holes with glue or staples, then wear!
EXTRA ACTIVITY: Once you’re done, why not make up a story or role-play using your masks? Bonus points if you play outside. Don’t forget to slip, slop, slap, seek and slide if you do!